Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Summer Winding Down

The kids started school this week. It was fun to be able to drop them off, especially yesterday (Day 2) when Colton was taking the new schedule rough. I also picked them up so that we could try a swim team a few miles away. It's called the Sports Ranch and they have a swim clinic this week.

Connor enjoyed yesterday's 45 minute "get to know you" workout. But Colton is pretty he only wants to do soccer. I'm establishing a new rule that have to do some kind of workout everyday before they can play video games. I'm getting concerned that they aren't developing that winning, competitive, self-disciplined/motivated attitiude that you get from sports. And Connor is almost 100lbs! He's very tall, but still.

My getting into shape/losing weight efforts haven't taken off. Just too much to do and think about. I started a new PC Game that is sucking away too much time, but it may be the last one I play for many years.

Research is going better. Doing a lot of experiments and we're getting some useful data. Our electrophoresis procedures aren't yielding any results, so we have to fix that in this last week or so. I hope to keep working in the lab next year as time allows because we've discovered so much and there's still tons of experiments to do.

My efforts to get in some radiology job shadowing haven't done well either. I've made a bunch of phone calls, but with a week and half until classes start I still don't have any leads. I might try Clinical Ed. today to see if they any ideas.

Yeah, that's right. A week and half until I start my hardest year yet. I'm dreading it but also looking forward to getting it over. I've been going over my block schedule and entering them into my PDA (while using our cool new PVR at home to watch movies simultaneously). It's going to be crazy. Winter Qtr we have 1wk class, 1wk break (Thanksgiving), 3wks class, 2wks break (Xmas) and then 6 wks class. Yuck!

That's it for now. Going to be doing final preparations this week and hopefully enjoying myself a bit.

No comments: