Sunday, February 18, 2007

One week left in Toledo

Last week was even more routine than week two. We had some interesting surgeries that I mentioned a couple posts ago, but nothing too unusual. I'm getting pretty familiar with the typical general surgical procedures like gallbladder removal, inguinal and abdominal wall hernia repair and appendectomies. I also got to first assist on a Lap Chole which was a nice change from holding the camera. I hope that next month, my rural surgery rotation will be more varied and allow me to first assist more.

The lady with the necrotizing fasciitis was scheduled to go to surgery for another debridement. I wanted to watch the surgery on Friday, but had to head to one of the other hospitals. It will be interesting to see how she's fairing tomorrow, Monday. I think I've mentioned Streptococcus Decapitii to half the students on the Wards.

Now it's time to catch up on some reading and get my LOR stuff ready to send out.

No comments: