Saturday, April 19, 2008

Finshed Critical Care

Done with my last "real" rotation. Critical Care was a grind, especially when I'm at the end of MSIV with a Match in hand. I just want a pass and to be done with it.

I managed to miss two 4:30am mornings and an overnight call with our house hunting trip to Hartford. After returning Monday night, I've had four boring days following one patient. I've learned a few things from the Attendings at Rounds, but it's mostly been a waste of time.

Luckily, I didn't have to stay overnight for call last night. One of the MSIII on Surgery did his required night of Trauma last night relieving me of boring scribe duty.

I think what made the rotation such a drag was the immature surgery residents. I'm sooo unimpressed with Good Sam's residents. We have a couple good graduates from AZCOM there, but in general they have huge lack of real world common sense or people skills. It's like Good Sam goes after the bright snobs and hope to mold them into decent physicians.

The attendings were fine, but nothing extraordinary. Same with the facility. The patient population was average at best from a learning standpoint.

So now I have a couple days to study for my last test, the Critical Care shelf test. I start two weeks of anesthesia on Monday and then Medical School is over!! Hopefully I can get some intubation, peripheral IVs, and/or central lines in, and then head by noon or so.

Lots of To Dos for the home sale/rental here, home purchase in CT, UConn residency stuff (physical), graduation, etc.

No comments: