Sunday, May 08, 2005

Been a while...

Not a lot to report. Had a hard week and a half after blowing a Phys test. I knew respiratory phys, but only got a 84%, then got slammed like 99% of the class on a Immuno test later that week (81% with an avg. of 74%).

Did better last week on our ICM final with a 96%. And studying hard now for our written OMM final on Monday.

Other than that, zapped my first samples on Friday (proteins) so this week I'll get see do some new stuff in the lab studying them. The MS-IIs had their last class on Friday and I am really jealous.

Oh, the Oncology club is going well. We had a great meeting with our first speaker and then a fun time at our first community event, the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. I'm hoping we get to meet with a contributor to the school next week who is an oncologist. He sounded open to being my Preceptor next year.

And I got elected to VP for the school's AMA Chapter so I get a couple free networking trips to the national meetings. I hope we can live up to our predecessors example. The last President managed to the President of the AMA to AZCOM this year, the first time an AMA President has ever spoken at an Osteopathic school.

I doubt I'm going to have much time to write until after finals but hopefully I can provide a better update then - and some more pictures.

No comments: