Saturday, April 16, 2005

Weekly update

Last week went by with a few interesting events but routine for the most part. Monday's Physiology test went ok, I got 93.5% with one blank answer that I still have to check on. I'm betting this is the third time I forgot to transfer an answer from my test to the scantron. But hopefully the form reader just missed my 'correct' response.

We also had tests in ICM and Human Behavior. I studied way too much for these. As in about three times more than most of my classmates! I actually outlined every lecture for both classes trying to break in the new laptop. We still haven't received our grades yet on either of these, but I better have done decently or I will be fuming mad. However, ICM is such a poorly run class that I won't be surprised by anything. Their lectures, lecture notes, test questions and labs rank at the bottom of my experiences here at AZCOM.

On an intesting note, instead of doing something to improve ICM, the powers that be fired our OMM guru. He's been here since the beginning and hired the entire team of instructors including the Dean (who's the guru in reputation only). I guess the complaints about last quarter's final, the OMM department's response to it and their follow-up were turned on Dr. Ross. Someone mentioned our President Dr. G. has been out to fire Dr. Ross for a long time. It's too bad because Dr. Ross was a great instructor and well liked. Our class' complaints were probably overboard but regardless they were directed at the departments admin gal who comes across as incompetent. If it had to go up the ranks, the Dean should have taken the fall IMHO. The MSI and MSII classes signed a petition to support Dr. Ross, but it won't do any good. We can only hope Dr. Ross will be around for preceptorships, guest lectures and rotations.

Monday's test is in Neuroscience. I was feeling totally behind and quite stressed Friday since I spent SO much time on ICM and Human Behavior. But I got through almost all the lectures last night and today. I have two more lectures on Occulomotor pathways I hope to finish tonight. But at the moment I have my dad, stepmom, brother and his significant other over for dinner. I'm feeling a lot more confident about the test, but would really like to finish the last two lectures so I can start tomorrow having reviewed all the lectures at least once. I give it a 50/50 shot at this point since it's 9pm now.

Oh, I tried to upload more pictures, but Google's Picaso software kept locking up my mouse. I'll keep trying.

No comments: