Monday, April 04, 2005

Another Monday test down

I had thought that Immuno would be easier after the first test. After about 20 hours this weekend to study seven lectures I've changed my mind. On the good side, I did get 96% on the test. I guess Tucker and I over studied a bit.

The funny part is that I meant to get up at 5:30am and have a good two hours to review at the student lounge before the 8am test. However, when I looked at the wall clock around what I thought was 7am I saw that it was actually 6am! My alarm clock has some FM connection with the atomic clock and thought I was on Daylight Savings so I it woke me up an hour early. My 5.5 hours sleep was reduced to less than 4.5 hours with Becky's coughing. Let's just say I did the best I could on the test and then skipped out on Phys for a two hour nap at home so I would be functional for Neuro. That ended up being the best choice I think as I actually got a lot out of Neuro on vision clinical correlates.

Other than that, I'm trying to get my new Dell subnotebook up and running since the OEM driver CDs came in the mail today (in case I didn't mention it last time, I managed to crash the OS last week with Windows Media Player). I also made a good contact at the American Cancer Society at today's on-campus charity event, Cuts For Kids. I'm hoping the Oncology can support a relay the ACS is sponsoring at the Peoria Sports Complex on April 30th. My idea, which I need to pass by administration, is to use our anti-smoking education kit and man a table or two at the relay to educate kids and families. It would be a great way to get the club off and running.

Not a lot more to mention for now. Artemis is growing like crazy. Becky is pretty much over the crud (first day at work for her in over a week). The Boys' Parent-Teacher Conferences tonight went spectacularly (they are both academic stars :-). More later I guess.

No comments: