Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Nero exam #1

I am becoming too consistent. I had hoped to build some padding into my Neuro exam as the second year students suggested. Instead I hit my average of 94.5%. I somehow missed three on the written and forgot to transcribe one answer to my scantron, so I need to go to the review. But my score probably won't change.

Other than that, it's been a slow week. I received my new Dell subnotebook in the mail and wasted some time setting it up. Then this morning I found out it crashed while organizing my songs' tags. I may have to re-install the OS, but I'm hoping the repair process can fix the corrupted files.

Dr. Jones is finishing up my Fellowship application tomorrow. I hear there's a bit of a competition for the awards, but I'm hopeful that I'll "win". Anyway, I'm hosting a planning meeting for the Oncology Club tomorrow. I hope it goes well as I would really like a strong start and some plans on the schedule this Spring (guest speakers) and next year (Club week).

Last but not least, Becky got the kids' flu and has been under the weather so I've been watching the kids too. Bottom line is that I haven't gotten much studying done. Other that preparing for my Physiology presentation today, I haven't really done any studying. That sure needs to change.

Oh, had my Preceptorship afternoon (#2 of 4) yesterday and that was interesting. Interesting patients and a great Physician sure make it worthwhile, even if I'm getting much H&P or exam experience. Tomorrow evening I have a formal, simulated-patient, H&P exam for my clinical correlates class. In other words, this weekend is going to be full of studying.

No comments: