Friday, March 25, 2005

Week 3 down

The weeks are going by faster now. I guess everything isn't so new. In fact this week was especially routine. On the bright side, I got back my first Immuno and Phys tests. While they weren't as high as I'd hoped, I'm not going to shed any tears over 94%+.

The rest of the week was studying, dealing with sick kids and studying for Monday's Neuro test. Well studying between freaking out over the ambiguous, unintuitive and and highly verbose nomenclature. Everything has three names; one after a dead guy, one the 'nerve' group it belongs to and an odd one just for kicks. Eight hours of doctorate level lectures a week on any topic is just crazy.

In fact, I should be studying now. I have three lectures more to review to get through all seventeen in this unit for the first time! That's 6-7 hours before I can start reviewing, which I really have no clue how to do. It's going to be a long weekend of going over the information time after time in hopes that it all starts to sink in. And somehow I have to fit in time for Connor's B-day and Easter.

Anyway, not a lot more to report. I'm making a little progress on my Fellowship proposal. But I still need to finish slides for a Phys case, line up CT & X-ray time with a local radiological group and get the Oncology club going. First meeting is scheduled for next week. I still have to send out an e-mail on that and try to ensure that turnout is good so we can make some progress this year.

That's about it. I'm riding my bike most days, but it's not enough to start taking some of the freshman weight off. The weather is great so I'm enjoying it. But it's going to take swimming in the pool when the water warms up and regular runs/rides after school is out. Of course I'm still reserving starvation as an option. I need to take this weight off before next year starts. It's going to be very hard to exercise and will be followed by Boards and then Rotations with no time to focus on exercise and shedding weight.

Ok, that's enough procrastinating. Time to head back to the student lounge and see I can get through two lectures this evening.

No comments: