Thursday, July 28, 2005

Flying Out for the Family Vacation

The kids flew to Seattle last weekend and have been enjoying some time with Becky's family for the last few days. They are young that they still miss us a lot, especially Colton. So it will be nice to see them late tonight.

We're flying out after work for a nice week and a half of cool Seattle weather. I'll write of the events when we return.

Other than that, July has been pretty nondescript. I'm still working a lot in the lab trying to get good data. I'm learning a lot of techniques and cell biology, but hoping that we can really come up with some good data in the next few weeks.

Tucker and I, and Dan to some degree, have rebuilt our back porch. It's going to end up costing us over $1500 with the Home Depot supplies and dumpster, but it's looking much better. We still have to finish the outdoor shower, mister and gutters. For Tucker, I've purchased a PDA for him off Ebay that I need to configure and deliver after we return.

Other than that, Cedar is limping again (normal set-back for Valley Fever) so I'm not running a lot atm. I'm doing some reading; House of God or, when I can steal the book from Connor, the new Harry Potter. Oh, and I've been playing Pirates on Xbox, an early B-day present for Colton.

Time to get serious and start reading Micro Made Ridiculously Simple, watching some of the DVD lectures I purchased off Ebay and review some anatomy. I was awarded the Anatomy paid TAships for Fall (almost most probably Winter as well)! It will be a great review for boards and provide $30+ per hour. Not bad!

Whew. One last thought. It's a sign of the computer age that I have to pack FIVE(!) devices with their rechargeable batteries and cables on a vacation (LOL).

1) Notebook PC (e-mail, videos)
2) PDA (schedule, references)
3) Digital Camera
4) MP3 Player (audio lectures)
5) Cell Phone

No, this is normal. I'm not a flaming geek. I still pack books too :-).

No comments: