Monday, December 18, 2006

Does everything happen in droves?

Be forewarned: this is a rant more than a post. In addition to losing my car keys recently, I've lost my PDA, some notes from my cardiology rotation and who knows what else. Then today we get hit with expenses galore. Santa is bringing us a new refrigerator, new car tires, brake rotors, brake pads and a windshield. Yipee!

The one silver lining is that I've already ordered a new cell phone/PDA that is on the way. My PDA was showing it's age (I bought it used on Ebay) and I found a new T-mobile MDAs on Amazon for $25. I just hope it performs decently. I sure liked the Dash (Becky is getting one of those from Santa), but it wouldn't run most of my medical software (Windows Smartphone vs. Pocket PC). For another $30 I got a 2GB minSD card in case I ever purchase an UpToDate subscription for it.

As usual, my break will be spent (partially) working on choirs, gadgets and computers. It will be nice to have one device to carry around, but it's going to take some time setting up Epocrates, Feri's, Tabers, Netter's Anatomy, Ultimate Anatomy, Shots, Midnight Medical, Medical calculators, Outlook sync and the ones that I don't use on a daily basis. Somehow that seems more enjoyable than tackling the sprinkler system...again.

No comments: