Sunday, December 17, 2006

Piano Recital

Until Friday I don't think that I had ever seen a piano recital. But after five months of great teaching from a classmates wife, my boys were ready to perform. I should mention that this is no ordinary piano teacher. She taught middle school last year but due to the commute. She quickly filled up her studio hours at home and has over 20 kids on the waiting list! My boys adore her and the recital was very well run.

I helped the boys tie their first real ties. Then all five of us (Becky, her sister, the boys and I) headed over a bit early to get seats and do something about our gitters. Below is a picture we took before the recital started.


Twenty-five kids played and/or sang. Some better than others, but pretty good all in all. Connor and Colton were fantastic. They had two solos each, then a duet performed together which can be seen at Handbell Choir piano duet by Connor and Colton

Christmas shopping is mostly done (thank God for Amazon) so now I have no more excuses to avoid study for the OB/Gyn shelf test on Tuesday. Well maybe one more.... The boys have requested that the four of us go see the new movie Aragorn based on one of their favorite books. That would be a priority over a pass/fail test any day.

No comments: