Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Feeling much better

The biochem test today wasn't as bad as it could have been. I haven't gotten my score back, but I know I passed and hope to get the class average or better. There was a ton of information in this unit and I felt very stressed out over it.

Last week I skipped class and got through all 16 lectures and 2 workshops by early Saturday morning. I then studied with two pretty smart guys on in the Library, but we got bogged down on minutiae and only worked through 4 of the lectures! I got a little down in the evening, but not much.

Becky was supposed to have all day Sunday to study while I watched the kids. I was so far behind though that I hired a neighbor to babysit for 4 hours while I hit it at the student lounge (my office now). Then it was a social dinner with my brother and his girlfriend. I managed to beg my way out at 8pm and studied another 5 hours at the lounge. During this time I ran through the full range of emotions:

I don't belong here
I can't take this torture any more
This isn't so bad
I may pass after all
Who give a crap about one stinking test?

Finally, an early this morning I put in another 1.5 hours at the lounge. I felt like I had the basics down on 2/3 of the lectures but I was really weak on 1/4. Luckily they asked questions that weren't too deep. I felt much better about the unit afterwards and my surprise myself with a score in the 80's.

Week 9 is already here. Time to get to bed so I can catch up on anatomy.

No comments: