Monday, July 16, 2007

COMLEX Step 2 done!

What a joke! The test seemed like something written for amateurs by amateurs. I hate to day it, but it didn't seem like a "real" doctor's test to me. I certainly won't hold COMLEX Step 2 scores, no matter how high, in any esteem. I actually am glad I'm taking USMLE Step 2 next Monday so I can say I'm a real doctor.

One classmate was in tears today when her test (at a different location) didn't have of the graphic and picture exhibits! My pictures were so grainy they weren't much of a help anyway.

I hate spending another $500 and another week of studying, but I feel the USMLE should be a much better measure of where I stand in my education. I'm sure I passed COMLEX, so the score doesn't matter. However, the USMLE score will count, so it's going to be a long week.

My Derm rotation starts in the morning. Hopefully I can get some short days and do more USMLEWorld practice tests as well as go through Boards & Wards one more time. Bottom line is that I just want to equal or surpass my Step 1 score so Program Directors (PDs) don't have any excuse to throw out or demote my application.

On a funny note, Becky had an employee make some interesting medical decisions - kinda like the guy I had last year in Urgent Care who DROVE past up multiple hospitals and urgent cares while having a heart attack because he wasn't sure his insurance covered him! The guy today left a message over the weekend that he wouldn't be in because he was "sick" with chest pain and a numb arm. Well he calls today from the ICU(!) saying he's had a heart attack, but is trying to continue managing inventory from his hospital bed. The nurses want to take away his cell phone though. They told Becky not to upset him because they are trying to settle him down as he's currently not stable enough to go to the cath lab and get his stent put in!!

It just cracks me up! The guy knows he had heart problems, waited four hours to get in the hospital, has an unknown amount of heart damage, is so unstable he could go into cardiac arrest at any time, but he still won't give up the cell phone and office responsibility.

On to acne, rashes and botox...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You are such a pompous jackass.