Saturday, September 22, 2007

Trip to Worcester

It's been a long day. One that reminds me travel isn't all bells and whistles.

First, Microsoft Outlook again messed me up, almost causing me to miss my flight. Because I entered the flights while on the West Coast, my 11:50am flight became 2:50pm. Luckily I remembered this issue around 10am and called Continental to check. Charleston is a small airport, so I was still able to make it to the gate in time.

However, the plane was late arriving. Then it had mechanical problems, and being such a small airport Continental couldn't be sure when the next flight would leave or how we could catch connecting flights. I got lucky and made it back to the ticket counter #2 in line since most people lined up back at the gate. They switched to US Airways, which gave me 40 minutes to fly out. Somehow my baggage made the switch as did I.

I arrived in Boston later than expected, and it was a long limo ride out to Worcester. But it could have been much worse. The house is pretty nice and walking distance to one of the hospitals I will be working at. It doesn't look like this is as nice an area as Charleston, but it's hard to tell at night.

I'm exhausted, but I got in some pleasure reading and am enjoying staying at a place wireless access so I check e-mail while watching Saturday Night Live.

No comments: