Thursday, October 25, 2007

Week of vacation

It's almost time to head to Delaware for my Christiana rotation. And while I'm getting excited to see the program, I'm going to miss playing with the family. I've spent a lot of time with the boys playing catch; mostly baseball and football. I feel a little guilty not having done a good job teaching the fundamentals of throwing a ball or catching a ball until now, but life has been crazy and soccer and swimming were all I could manage.

They are a little more confident with friends and in gym class now. Moreover, I'm still the cool dad :-).

All four of us swam together at the Arrowhead pool. The boys on their team and Becky and I on the Masters team. The coach had us doing hypoxia drills. Wow, I thought I was in decent shape, but 2000 yards of it wiped me out. The competitiveness of swimming with the other guys really pushed me.

I've also had a chance to work on a bunch of paperwork and small To Dos. I reviewed my Dean's Letter as recommended by the four EM PDs in Seattle a couple weeks ago. And I organized my four (so far) interviews. I scheduled my Morristown, NJ interview as early in the Christiana rotation as possible. It will be my work-up. Then I hope to take four or five more days off to interview at Christiana, UMaryland, Hopkins, Drexel, Georgetown and/or Cooper. It would save a ton of time and money.

I'm also enjoying hanging out, drinking wine with Becky and her sister in the evenings and playing a bit on the Xbox 360. Time to start printing all my logistical paperwork for the next month. And a couple more errands to try to squeeze in. Then it's off to Delaware.

No comments: