Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Twelve more hours!

I finished my Internal Medicine rotation today. It ended pretty uneventful. However, as always, there are a couple patients I would follow as their diagnosis is established. Now, with a week to go before the shelf test, I have to get serious about studying.

But that isn't going happen for the next day or so. At 9am tomorrow, noon East Coast time, I will hear where I matched. Becky and I have taken Thursday and Friday off from work and the kids are on Spring Break. So we will celebrate and commiserate together. Then we're having some friends over tomorrow night for a small get together. Friday, the whole class is having a get together at a restaurant near campus. Finally, Friday night the whole and everyone's families have been invited to large gathering. I'm not sure if we'll make all three events, but it will be nice to release some tension with fellow classmates.

Becky is pretty stressed. I've come down with a cold from poor sleep secondary to stress. According to the common paradigm, I go into my cave when stressed, which for me has been playing World of Warcraft online. Unfortunately, I'm not very at releasing stress by working out more or doing something more productive. But at least it will be over soon.

Once we learn where we're going, it will time to get serious about selling or renting the house, studying for the shelf test, getting in shape, house hunting wherever we're going and helping Becky start to look for a new job. The listing sure hasn't started a stampede. We've had about five showings in two weeks. The financial news has been terrible, culminating in Bear Stearns imploding in the last week. On the good side, the Fed has reduced interest rates around two points in the last month so loans, if you have good credit, are pretty affordable.

Oh, most importantly, Becky and my entire family, our friends and acquaintances all want to hear exactly where we're going the moment we learn the Program we've Matched. So from about nine am until probably noon I'll be on the phone and sending out e-mails.

1 comment:

Nids said...

good luck...I am sure u have heard by now!! :)
I am going to be starting AZCOM this fall...I strumbled on ur blog, while searching for AZCOM.