Saturday, August 14, 2004

Dinner with Big Sis

AZCOM generously provides each MSI with a Big Sis or Brother to answer questions and provide advice on how to prepare for the first year of medical school. Sarah and I have had many e-mails sent between, but last night was our first time meeting face-to-face. She came over for dinner with Becky, the boys and I. Unfortunately I burned the burgers because the grease residue at the bottom decided to light up, but otherwise dinner was pleasant.

After dinner, we talked for a couple hours boring Becky to tears with all the shop talk. One thing that sticks in my head is that Sarah praised my Blog effort saying that there is little time for reflection in medical school. This will help me remember the journey and my accomplishments along the way. It was a very nice evening and I hope we get to do it again.

Btw, I spent over an hour today doing an annual cleaning on the BBQ. It was gross, but long overdue. And the weather certainly cooperated; it was 85 and overcast. Tonight I BBQ'd ribs with Chef Matt's special sauce and it was yummy :-).

No comments: