Monday, August 23, 2004

Fun evening courtesy of SOMA

The Student Osteopathic Medical Association (SOMA) hosted a BBQ on campus last night. Even though Becky was tired after just getting back from her brother's surprise 40th B-day, she came with to meet some of my classmen and women.

It took a few minutes to loosen up and introduce ourselves, but it was pretty good. I sure felt old though. Lots of kids just out of undergrad. A few parents, but I suspect most of them didn't come since it started so late (7pm). We left just as things were starting to get real friendly to rescue my brother Dan from watching our boys.

Youth aside, there seeme to be some interesting stories in the mix about how and why people came to AZCOM. The upperclassmen seemed very willing to help us out which was really cool. Sarah was there and we chatted for awhile. I think she's much better at names than I am. I've already forgotten most of the names I was introduced to. Hopefully we'll have badges of some sort at orientation starting Wednesday (!).

No comments: