Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Fist Day of Orientation

Kinda anti-climatic...

Met several fellow MSIs and learned all about the library (woohoo!) but most of the time seemed wasted on commercials for health insurance and diagnostic equipment. The former is provided (for me) through my wife's employer and latter I already purchased on Ebay from a UCSD student. At least I got to play with some of Welch Allyn's diagnostic stuff.

I left tired but excited to start my medical journey. I even spent some time researching more textbooks online, as if I don't have enough already. There's so much information to integrate if you really want to do well on the USMLE Step 1, which I'm going to have to in order to get into a competitive residency. Yeah, the stress and pressure has already begun sinking in.

No comments: