Sunday, December 19, 2004

Xmas Break

Still haven't received grades on Friday's Anatomy/Histology test. I think it went ok. I know I made some mistakes, but I did study very hard for it. Wednesday night was kinda fun since I studied with my old group. We had a fun time. Just like the old days (first quarter) we were too slow, but it was more enjoyable and kinda reinvigorated my study efforts.

Thursday I got 4 hours sleep and felt ok during the 3.5 hour test. Maybe I would have done a better job, like not mistaking the female UG triangle for the anal triangle (oops!) on one problem, but I doubt it.

Afterwards, I drove one of my study friends to his house and then the airport. I then picked up some clothes I had ordered at REI and packed for the 6 hour trip to San Diego. Becky and I weren't sure we wanted to go, but my Dad said he was really looking forward to seeing the kids. Twelve hours of driving (round trip) for about one day of visiting was expensive in terms of time and energy so I'm pretty sure this won't be a frequent weekend getaway.

We just got back a couple hours ago and both Becky and I are stressed about the amount of things we have to get done this Holiday break. She has to prepare for her mom and grandmother's visit over Christmas, study for the bar and work fulltime at St. Mary's. I have to get caught up in Phys and Biochem, do a bunch of stuff around the house, and finish off a long list of todo's.

The list includes finishing an online Phys quiz due tomorrow, finishing a Biochem presentation, researching a Phys case, previewing the Lower Extremity for Anatomy and (I really, really hope) getting my preceptorship check-offs done for the quarter.

Friday Dr. Hilts said I could come in a couple of half days over break which would free up every other Tuesday afternoon during the quarter and save me from the three hour round trip. That would be so great. I hate traffic! And what a waster; 3 hours of driving for a 1.5 hour preceptorship shadowing experience.

So time to get to bed. Lots to do over the next two weeks before "black January" starts. The MSIIs call it that and seeing how we have 7-8 big tests in the month of January, I can see why.

Becky and I are really going to be depending on her sister being a great nanny for us while I survive the hardest part of MSI and Becky studies for the California Bar.

No comments: