Sunday, August 13, 2006

Dad's B-day

Last week ended well. Nothing major at the clinic, but I'm slowly gaining confidence with patients and learning how to treat patients with basic OMM solutions. If I go the FP route, OMM is looking more interesting than the OB fellowship at the moment. It's fun, but we'll see how I fell after getting back in the OR.

Becky had a good week. She learned that she is going to be groomed to be next in line at her work to run the place. While nothing is for certain, it is pretty exciting. I started asking around about FP residencies in the area and got a few ideas that I shared with Becky. We may just end up staying here for another 5+ years. That would be a surprise. But I think Becky would enjoy finally getting her chance to be called President :-).

This weekend, the family went to San Diego to see my father. It was the first time I've seen him since his stroke over three months ago. He is doing pretty well. His right hand is functional for only the most basic tasks, but he walks with very little limp and his face and voice are just about back to normal. Recover is slowing down which is hard on him I think. But he enjoyed seeing the boys for his 64th B-day.

My concern isn't so much about the stroke, but his underlying mycosis fungoides. It's not clear that his radiation treatment (TBI) really put it into remission. I don't know if his immune system is back to 100% after the stroke. It's frustrating not being able to do anything or have any ideas.

Being my first time back to S.D. since MSII started I also got to see the low-milage car he purchased eight months ago, an Infiniti G35. It was a blast to drive and is my favorite car at the moment. A very reasonably priced luxury car and a respectable doctor's car!

Going to be a busy week with the boys starting 3rd and 6th Grades tomorrow, so it's time to get some rest.