Monday, November 08, 2004

Two finals down...

These were pretty darn hard. I studied long and (I believe) productively for them, but as one of my smart study buddies said; "this was one of those tests where I never got into a groove".

I think I probably missed a couple on the practicals, but they didn't seem too hard. (Of course I'm knocking on wood as I write this) The writtens though, both (Gross and Histo/Embryo) kept me off balance the whole time. I never could get comfortable in a section feeling that I really knew the material. I'm not sure what that means for my grades, but at least everyone else seemed to feel the same way.

I passed. And I've recovered from getting way too stressed about the whole thing. I keep forgetting not to stress out about getting high grades. I want to do my best, but it's more than that. Maybe it's my competitive nature, or my fear that is my last chance at a career choice (Residency).

I celebrated by taking Cedar, my golden retriever, on a long walk. We explored unpaved areas (washes as they are called in AZ) so that I can try to start running again over the break. I desperately need to start exercising regularly again. I want to shed the few pounds I've gained this quarter, but more importantly, work off the stress this Med School thing generates.

On to Biochem for the next 60 or so hours. Then 24 hours of ICM and Human Behavior fun.

No comments: