Tuesday, November 02, 2004

First OMM Practical Tomorrow

The written test Monday was pretty easy. I got 94%, about 1/2% higher than the class LOL. Tomorrow is the Practical and that is a little more stressful. A complete structural run-down in 5 minutes and then a diagnosis for two of the four regions (cervical, thoracic, lumbar and inominates). On the latter you do a region survey, then they give you two joints to diagnose. It sounds like there's lots of subjective points and being our first Practical they won't be too hard, but it's still stressful.

This is the beginning of the end of the quarter. After this it's deep study mode for Anatomy on Monday, Biochem Thursday and then both Human Behavior and ICM on Friday. Luckily I've had a couple relatively easy days to rest up.

Saturday was traffic school all day which sucked as a way to spend my "free" time. Sunday I got a few good hours in on both OMM and Histo. Last night I got almost caught up on Histo. The plan is to get Histo done tonight and then spend the next two nights reviewing the last weeks of Biochem lectures. I'm not sure if that's going to happen though since I have to put the kids down and then practice for the OMM Practical. Plus I need more than 6 hours of sleep tonight.

Last thought, I went to a Family Practice lunch meeting today with three AZCOM graduates doing their residencies here in town at John C. Lincoln. It sounded pretty cool. I also got my first Hep B shot for my preceptorship required immunizations. This gave me more exposure to Family Practice at Midwestern's clinic. I am certainly not writing off primary care at this point. Even with managed care, it has a lot going for it.

Time to rock some sacrums!

No comments: