Tuesday, September 14, 2004

First test is over!

On balance, it was as hard as expected. The anatomy practical was a little easier with only 20 questions on the back. Histology written was pretty tough though with some tricky questions. I'm glad I put in a good 15 hours studying histo slides because it that much time (for me anyway) to start developing the skill of recognizing structures, stains and relationships.

I'm sure I got the 70% needed to pass. I will be disappointed if I don't get at least one 90 or either below 80.

Our big sis's and bro's gave us presents afterwards which was really cool, especially considering how poor we all are. Sarah gave me a really cool clipboard/book stand that I'm already putting to use for lectures in our main lecture hall. I also received a nice AZCOM water bottle and some colored markers. Then they hosted a casual BBQ for us this evening. Even though Becky had finals today (2 out of her last 5 until she gets her JD) the kids dragged over to campus. We stayed for awhile and had fun socializing. Ok, they had fun running around and playing pool while I socialized.

Now it's back to Biochem. I just started reviewing the lectures from two weeks ago so it's going to be a busy few days until Monday's test. Basically two more years of heads down studying from here on out - but at least now I have a book stand to reduce neck cramps :-).

No comments: