Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Two days down...

Wow, I'm exhausted! And to think that these have been "short" days with lots of material I've had already.

Today we made the first incisions in our cadaver. It was quite interesting and not intimidating at all. The worst part was the ritual of rules and courtesies we had to go through. BioChem and Anatomy lecture have been a trial in mental endurance so far.

I need to get my brain cells back into shape! It feels like my brain is a sore muscle after concentrating for fours plus hours at a stretch. The only downside is that our main lecture hall has tiny foldable desks that are uncomfortable and require me to take the lecture out of my binder and place just them on the desk. Forget having room for books, binders or refreshments.

Other than that, everything it great. I really feel like this private school does the first two years, at least, right. It's going to be a ton of work, but I'm confident we're working on the right areas with the right tools and support. The class is pretty good so far too.

Well, time to bed for an 8am Biochem workshop, following by two hours of Biochem lecture and four hours of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine lecture and lab.

No comments: