Saturday, September 25, 2004

It's already been a week?

Hard believe that I haven't posted in a week. So here's go the quick review.

I did really well on the Biochem test. I'm averaging in the mid 95's now. Not sure how long I will be able to keep that up, but I'm going to try. This isn't a test weekend (thank goodness) so it's a chance to rest and catch up on lecture reviews.

The new content this week made it our hardest week yet. We had a bunch of metabolism, upper extremity (UE) and embryology (2) lectures. That's a lot of new information. I spent two hours this morning in the lab reviewing UE structures, then another two 2-3 hours at a coffe shop drawing the plexus, axilarry artery and overall vasculature a couple times. I'm close to having the muscles down, so I'm feeling ok about anatomy. Then I spent another few hours (with lots of interuptions) reviewing the first two metabolism lectures. I'm not sure I can get the remaining six done this weekend to be caught up, but it's worth a try.

With a Clinical Correlates (CC) test on Thursday and then Anatomy/Histology/Embryology on the following Monday, Biochem will be taking a backseat and I don't want to get too far behind.

Boring life huh? Well only 26 weeks of instruction and 3 weeks of finals left until I can have some fun again :). Actually OMM and the clubs are pretty fun. Next Saturday I'm going to do work study for a couple hours helping to give kids physicals. Becky and I are going to an Open House Residency Night at a local hospital to check that out. Yesterday we had our first Medical Spanish meeting and while I destroyed the pronunciations, the food was great. All in all, not a bad week. If I can get Biochem under control I'll feel much better.

The real stress next week is the CC test. The class has been SO disorganized that we have no idea what to study. It's really a joke. They say the structure and test are new due to the "Evidence-based Medicine" content, but I've learned more about that in one Biochem workshop than eight hours of CC class time and a couple hundred pages of a worthless textbook. At least the class isn't worth many credits...

Time to yell at the kids...I mean spend some quality time with the family.

No comments: